jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Can my yeast infection cause my husband's jock itch? and if not, can my vaginal

  1. profile image46
    delaysmomposted 8 years ago

    Can my yeast infection cause my husband's jock itch? and if not, can my vaginal bacterial...

    infection be caught by my husband? i have had on and off symptoms of either a bacterial infection or yeast infection for approx 2 months. it has been mild for me and my husband has never suffered jock itch or any other type of ringworm or fungal infection.I also have slight athlete's foot. can my athletes foot cause his jock itch?We are pretty sure its jock, a very red itchy rash high on his inner thighs, very close to but not quite up to his scrotum.i also suffer genital herpes, and he has never had symptoms, but i had a recent flare up.

  2. CodyPhrenism profile image67
    CodyPhrenismposted 8 years ago

    It looks like your husband may have a yeast infection himself, I wrote an article on it that may help you understand the symptoms and help you treat it. You guys could wind up endlessly passing yeast infections back to each other via intercourse if you aren't careful! You can find my article here http://hubpages.com/hub/Male-Yeast-Infe … mptoms-101

  3. covenantguy profile image74
    covenantguyposted 7 years ago

    Yes, as CodyP says, there is very likely a connection.  See http://cureyeast-infection.com/male-yea … treatment/

  4. LotusMind profile image54
    LotusMindposted 7 years ago

    Yes, I think you have been passing the yeast infection back and forth between each other. Please see my post on chronic yeast infections to see how to help eliminate them from both of yourselves. You need to go on anti fungal treatments and use protection if you enter into sexual relations. Remember, yeast infections can also be oral and cause a condition called Thrush. You need to stop infecting each other and get rid of the yeast before entering into unprotected sexual relations. If you haven't seen your doctor yet, you should! You may have some good outcomes from traditional, allopathic medicine and I would go that route first, definitely.

    Sorry for the bad news on this but I think that is what is going on.

  5. Dusky_Lady profile image59
    Dusky_Ladyposted 7 years ago

    colloidal silver, applied topically, will clear up both problems.

  6. schoolgirlforreal profile image82
    schoolgirlforrealposted 7 years ago

    you should see a dermatologist or your primary care physiciona and they can help