Shrinks vs Hubpages

1. Death2theBarExam profile image55
    Death2theBarExamposted 8 years ago

Shrinks vs Hubpages

Does anyone agree w/me that talking on blogs is the equivalent of psychological therapy?  Why pay 1 person to listen to your problems and give 'their' advice when we can get on here and get 500 different opinions for FREE?

2. sasanqua profile image78
    sasanquaposted 8 years ago

Getting advice from people online is completely different to receiving help from a qualified professional. Talking to people online can be really great, and can help people a lot. However, people who have a diagnosed mental illness really need someone qualified to help them.

3. Sethareal profile image76
    Setharealposted 7 years ago

I guess that depends on your view of psychology, the sheer fact that you call them shrinks indicates you have little respect for the field. I don't blame you, after taking a few college courses I learned a few facts like all you need to be diagnosed with certain illnesses is 6/15 symptoms, or that homosexuality was considered a mental disorder until the mid 1980's. With this kind of track record, and the fact that a majority of mass murderers were on psychiatric drugs... my vote is for hubpages.

However there are a lot of horrible people on here too, like close minded bitter old men and people who want to trick you into buying worthless e-books.

Nothing is perfect, if you find the right psychologist or if you find a good group here on hubpages, stick with what works for you.