jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do you think that Hubpages moderators are qualified to moderate Hubs?

1. whoisbid profile image76
    whoisbidposted 6 years ago

Do you think that Hubpages moderators are qualified to moderate Hubs?

I am concerned after reading so many complaints about Hubpages moderators deleting good content from Hubpages that I question their qualifications. Is there somewhere on this website which gives us information on what kind of people these are and why they were chosen to moderate? I am speaking for many people and not just myself. Someone needs to do it and risk having their account deleted for trying to make things better here.

2. lobobrandon profile image90
    lobobrandonposted 6 years ago

Oh wow!! Dave finally gave a straight forward answer for once.
    My Hub was recently unpublished saying similar content exists but its not altogether the same. I just replied to the message I got saying Its my personal experience and how could I copy it?? Within hours it was re-published without me even editing it.
    They are great mods as they know what their doing. Don't think of them as your boss - their helping you out here.
    Learn to appreciate things

3. Maddie Ruud profile image79
    Maddie Ruudposted 6 years ago

We have carefully chosen our moderation team through a rigorous interview process, and review their work frequently to make sure they stay on point.  If you'd like to read more about the individual team members, our bios are listed on the About page: http://hubpages.com/about/team

4. profile image0
    SirDentposted 6 years ago

The moderators are qualified.  Maddie Ruud gave a good answer here.  What I perceive from your question is that some hubs have been unpublished because of duplicate content.  This can happen to anyone who used quotes by different people or books. 

You see, when you publish a hub it is automatically scanned by a  bot similar to, google bots, that checks the content for links, spun material and duplicate content.  If anyof these are found, the hub is unpublished.  If you feel it was unpublished unjustly, you email HubPages telling them you want a manual review.  It is then up to them whether you comply or not.

They are willing to work with those who are eager to do things right.  It may take some time but at least everything would be right and legal.

working