jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How Do You Cure Allergy To Water?

1. ngureco profile image83
    ngurecoposted 8 years ago

How Do You Cure Allergy To Water?

2. dabeaner profile image56
    dabeanerposted 8 years ago

Didn't someone say here (or was it elsewhere) quoting an old-timer in the American (water shortage country) southwest:  "Whiskey is for drinkin' -- water is for fightin' over."

But, to answer the question:  If someone happened to be allergic to water, they would be dead in short order.  Death would be the cure.  Dumb question.

3. sasanqua profile image80
    sasanquaposted 8 years ago

There is actually a condition that makes sufferers to have an allergic reaction when their skin comes into contact with water. This disorder is called Aquagenic pruritus. I'm unaware of any cures for this disorder, however there are some ways to manage it, including various creams and Phototherapy.

4. rawliving profile image62
    rawlivingposted 8 years ago

I haven't come across this before and can't imagine what it would be like for someone that is unable to drink water - especially as we are made up of about 70% water and every cell in our body needs it in order to cleanse, nourish and energize!

What I would say though is that it may have something to do with the type of water the person is drinking (tap water is acidic and full of toxins and most bottled mineral water isn't alkaline enough).  I would imagine someone who can't tolerate this water is also allergic to many other things too. 

A great pioneer in natural health, Adele Davis, believed allergies to be a result of stress.  My daugher, who suffered for many years from all kinds of allergies, eczema and asthama, is a highly strung girl and gets upset easily.  So I very much believe this. But through giving her a combination of natural remedies - including alkalizing water, a blend of omega oils, apple cider vinegar, raw honey, etc she is now cured!

Back to water tho - I believe that if you are allergic to water you can cure yourself through these remedies - including being able to drink alkalizing water (a pH above 7.5) - as an acidic body is also an allergic body and this will help to bring it back to an alkaline state by flusing out the toxins and acids that are making it allergic.

5. profile image0
    Dr Mohamed Rabieposted 6 years ago

Allergy to water is called Aquagenic urticaria. It is a true type of allergy i.e. the water molecules don't excite the immune system leading to histamine release. Aquagenic urticaria is a skin irritation and itching when it becomes in contact with water of different temperature either hot or cold. And, sometimes the chemical used in water purification as chlorine.
    This condition is incurable; however, avoiding prolonged contact with water, as by decreasing the time of showering and avoid rain, may relieve the symptoms. Sometimes, antihistaminic drugs may be prescribed.

working