jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How to get rid of love handles?

1. Shil1978 profile image92
    Shil1978posted 8 years ago

How to get rid of love handles?

2. mixfitness profile image66
    mixfitnessposted 8 years ago

Unfortunately, you can't isolate fat in one area or one specific part of your body without liposuction.  So, it's a combination of eating less, making healthy choices like fruits and veggies and limiting processed foods, and exercising.  Be patient and consistent and the excess fat will come off.

3. Shil1978 profile image92
    Shil1978posted 8 years ago

Thanks mixfitness for your answer to this question. My hubby has started getting them. I guess eating healthier and exercise are the only ways, as you mention. Neither of which are his strong points!! Liposuction is way too drastic, that's what I've felt about the procedure anyways!!  Thanks again for answering this!!

4. stomachfat profile image54
    stomachfatposted 8 years ago

There are 2 parts to losing love handles. Diet and exercise.

For your diet you'll want to eat health foods that are not processed or artificial. Vegetables, lean meat, and fish are good choices.

Try eating more often instead of eating 2 or three big meals. Eat 5 to 7 times a day but just eat smaller portions.

Exercise 3 to 4 days a week. Try to go for about 30 minutes. This can be anything from jogging to swimming to bike riding. Anything that gets your heart pumping for a good 30 minutes will do the trick.

Remember, you can't "spot reduce" fat. You need to focus on burning fat on your entire body. Your stomach and sides are often the last places to lose fat, so be patient and you will see results.

5. nifty@50 profile image73
    nifty@50posted 7 years ago

Get to you ideal weight and magically they will completely disappear! To do this I recommend losing the weight by diet alone, that is unless you have already established an exercise routine. The reason being is most people stop exercising after 90 days. When you couple this with the average failure rate of diets, it virtually guarantees failure! Once you reach your weight loss goal then increase your caloric intake to an amount to maintain your new weight. By adding exercise after you achieve you weight loss you can increase your caloric intake even a little more. If you stop exercising at this point, you have still learned how to maintain the weight without exercise.

working