For those who wore braces when they were younger...

1. cosmetic dentists profile image61
    cosmetic dentistsposted 7 years ago

For those who wore braces when they were younger...

Would you say it was one of the best decisions, or even worse, you ever made?

2. ptosis profile image71
    ptosisposted 7 years ago

It wasn't my decision to make - it was my Mom's. I had the old style Spanish Inquistion Full Metal with the little rubber bands. I remember the rubber hammer used to fit the metal bands around each tooth. I remember the constant ache. #1 worst thing is that it gave me Temporomandibular Jaw Disorders (TMD, TMJ Syndrome). At the time I didn't know that of course. Every time I would yawn, the left side would click. The jaw stopped clicking after braces off.  I believe that is why at 49 I have three gold caps, and lost one tooth on the left side because of a misaligned jaw. The jaw stopped clicking. So if you are going to get em - get the invisible ones that are glued to front of teeth. If getting them prepare to pay top dollar for the best and forget the rest.

3. lilian_sg profile image74
    lilian_sgposted 7 years ago

I would say it was a good decision. The process was painful but in the end I got the teeth I wanted. And now, I can smile with an open mouth instead of hiding my teeth.