jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (11 posts)

How often have you passed for a younger age?

1. Rodric29 profile image79
    Rodric29posted 5 years ago

How often have you passed for a younger age?

I have looked younger than I am most of my life. Until I was 27 people mistook me for my wife's son! Now I am 35 and I look my age, but I remember the fun it was passing for a kid. I got away with mistakes you wouldn't believe because I was "young" wink, wink.

2. BizGenGirl profile image89
    BizGenGirlposted 5 years ago

I still hear from everyone that I look fifteen, and it's been 11 years since I was 15! lol

3. backporchstories profile image80
    backporchstoriesposted 5 years ago

I remember being 28 and tried to cash in a lottery ticket.  They wanted my ID, make sure I was over 18.  Today I am 52 and do not look so young anymore, but when people try to guess my age they are generally off by 10 or 15 years.  Makes me feel good!

4. wychic profile image90
    wychicposted 5 years ago

AAAAALL the time. I am 26 now, and people still ask me what year I'll be graduating high school. I expect that, despite my wedding ring, I will always be mistaken for my husband's daughter since there is a substantial age difference, but I'm still wondering when I'll have to stop carrying ID to buy him cigarettes (have to be age 18) wink. Right now I'm pregnant with my third child, but since my first was born people have always commented on how good I am with my younger siblings. When I had to take off my ring due to swelling during my last pregnancy, I had more than my share of lectures from strangers and people glaring down their noses at these "young girls getting pregnant all the time" and other such rudeness. That said, I expect I'll like the fact that I look so young as time goes on -- my aunt is 43 now and people still think she's a college student wink.

5. Cre8tor profile image96
    Cre8torposted 5 years ago

Not to brag, but at 36 I am often asked about my brother (son) and as much as I hope she never reads this, my mother (wife). This may sound appealing to many but I find it to be annoying. I purposely don't shave often so that I can be taken seriously at work. I've found that in some cases, looking much younger than my age has had a negative impact on how I am perceived based on appearance and have to often "talk myself up" to show my real age and experience.

1. Rodric29 profile image79
      Rodric29posted 5 years agoin reply to this

I have had this same experience. I have a full beard now and still people come up to me and call me a young man and I am 35. I think that I look my age now, but not to my on age group I suppose.

2. wychic profile image90
      wychicposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Agreed -- this is the reason I've only recently started putting my picture on my professional profiles online...people tend to respond better to the default than my baby face wink

6. ithabise profile image84
    ithabiseposted 5 years ago

Very often. I am 38 and am always told that I look somewhere between 22 and 27. Do I love it? You betcha!

7. pstraubie48 profile image86
    pstraubie48posted 5 years ago

Many times...not so much now...but until I was 35 I was carded and that was back in the day before they carded everyone like they do today.Now today...like I said..not so much!! big_smile

8. onegoodwoman profile image77
    onegoodwomanposted 5 years ago

I have not bothered to make note of the times...............

As a kid, I often, appeared to be older or more mature than I really was.

Now, many years later, people often expect that I am 12-15 years younger than I truly am..........

Genes?   Good Fortune?  Good skin moisture?

I have no secret to sell.......

9. lawrence2012 profile image54
    lawrence2012posted 5 years ago

Much less often than I would like unfortunately.

working