jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

where do we go for help for our 21 year old son. He has come a long way, is brig

1. profile image47
    clhopper61posted 7 years ago

where do we go for help for our 21 year old son. He has come a long way, is bright, funny and...

under medical treatment, but we cannot find anything for helping him socially. He was diagnosed late, at 18 and at 21 still not made any friends. His IQ is 148-150. He is so ready, and so frustrated at the lack of support he has found. Kaiser's idea of getting him help was to put him in a group with drug and alchohol abuse

2. profile image47
    clhopper61posted 7 years ago

I am sorry, I did not realize the diagnosis was left off. He has Non Verbal Learning Disabilities (NVLD), a form of depression called dystymia, and with severe psorisis. He has an amazing can do attitude, but seems to get no help or support. We find lots of places for young children. None for his age group. Our financial situation makes what we can do somewhat limiting. We do have insururance, but again, Kaiser seems to have no one to address his particular issues. Medical part is handled well. He has responded well in that area.

3. Enelle Lamb profile image86
    Enelle Lambposted 7 years ago

You could check out some adult ADHD websites, they might be able to steer you in the right direction

4. JocysMom profile image56
    JocysMomposted 7 years ago

Try the website for To Write Love On Her Arms.  It has wonderful information, and I just blogged about it.  smile  Good luck.

working