jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

how long should a 70 year old man wait to get into a new relationship after his

1. fyxer profile image60
    fyxerposted 7 years ago

how long should a 70 year old man wait to get into a new relationship after his wife dies

2. cresandsuzanne profile image57
    cresandsuzanneposted 7 years ago

...................however long or short it takes. We were created to love-our whole life long-so if your ready to love-THEN LOVE! Just make sure YOU ARE EMOTIONALLY READY to provide the love that the other NEEDS-dont start a relationship to heal yourself because you may cause damage to the other person emotionally

3. NikenDiana profile image54
    NikenDianaposted 7 years ago

for me there is no limit for someone to built relationship. when he feel ready and sure ..then nothing can stop it..

4. 6hotfingers3 profile image59
    6hotfingers3posted 7 years ago

I think a 70 year old man should wait as long has he chooses to mourn the death of his wife. A year is long enough to show respect for his departed wife. If by chance he enters into a relationship in less than a year after the death of his wife, then so be it. Its his life.

5. dabeaner profile image56
    dabeanerposted 7 years ago

At least until after the funeral.

6. puebloman profile image60
    pueblomanposted 7 years ago

Getting married at the actual  funeral in a joint ceremony gives the bereaved elderly person a sense of continuity, and allows the congregation to reflect on the maxim "In the midst of death we are in life". Or was it the other way round?

7. svencill profile image61
    svencillposted 7 years ago

She would want you to be happy, I bet. God will send someone new into your life and I think that you should move on when you are ready.