jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

i had a sexually transmitted disease a couple of years ago is this why i cant ge

1. profile image49
    aprileposted 7 years ago

i had a sexually transmitted disease a couple of years ago is this why i cant get pregnant

the std i had was chlaymidia and was told it could affect my fertility as soon as i relised i had it i got it treated but i would like to have children with my partner but i just cant get pregnant

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 7 years ago

It sounds like you just answered your own question, but really, this is something only your OB/GYN will be able to help you with.

3. profile image0
    jasper420posted 7 years ago

Depends on what the dieses was and how long you let it go this is a qushtion you need to take up with your doctor

4. wychic profile image88
    wychicposted 7 years ago

It's definitely something to talk to your doctor about, though Chlamydia is known to be one of the worst for affecting fertility. In addition, your chances of an ectopic pregnancy go up dramatically after having had it because of damage to the fallopian tubes. However, your doctor should be able to answer the question much better and, if it's something you really want to look into, can probably give you a much more definitive answer on the extent of the damage through imaging diagnostics.

5. profile image52
    NigelWhiteposted 7 years ago

Chlamydia could be the possible cause, but we don't know that until you get tested and all. There are also other causes of infertiliy like hormonal imbalances, smoking, and etc.

Check out my hub on http://hubpages.com/hub/Reasons-for-female-infertility

working