It can clear your mind and it can relax the person who practices it. It is a lot like exercising your body, but instead your mind gets a light workout.
It's like that body wash commerical - Calgon, take me away! Meditation gives you a chance to regroup. You can do it almost anywhere, and there are no time restrictions.
Meditation can be called as panacea which can work accordance to the motives of the practitioner. The Benefits Of Meditation are:
1. To unwind the body and mind and rejuvenate one’s flow of energy in order to more efficiently face the responsibilities of one’s demanding and active life.
2. Meditation is the alone activity that brings down blood lactate, a marker of stress and anxiety.
3.During meditation, oxygen expenditure drops by 10 to 20 percent and it produces a deeper state of rest than sleep. In fact, 75 percent of insomniacs were able to sleep usually when they meditated
4.Meditation is also researched to increase brain cortical tissue and grey matter.
5. Meditation is known to produce "spontaneous remissions" in 10% of cancer cases, can help get rid of psoriasis, and is a great way to scale down blood pressure. It also is a vital component of alcoholic anonymous programs and other programs to help people beat addictions.
Personal experience: I can sleep in a sitting posture and claim I am spiritually elevated!
Benefits of practicing Meditation for health are lower blood pressure & heart rate, improve circulation, reduce perspiration , slow respiratory rate, reduce stress & anxietyImprovement of body luster and general health,lowers blood cortisol levels,bring more feelings of overall well-being,Improvement in concentration ,lowers oxygen consumption,Builds self-confidenc,Reduces Pre- menstrual Syndrome. etc.
You can by lots of practice shut off your internal dialogue, achieve total inner silence, be more aware of yourself and your surroundings and if you're really good you can even break the barriers of perception and see energy as it flows.
Meditation is mindfullness while doing anything at all. The benefits are self. Yes, self is what you find at the end of every meditation. If you think you have meditated and gone on a beautiful adventure-you have-but you are really the beautiful adventure. During meditation your nervous system is relaxed and energized in exactly the right way-that help you (the vibrating energy within your nervous system) expose yourself to you.
Benefits of Meditation is depend on how are you doing it as well as what's the purpose of meditation.
One can meditate for any purpose but mostly the purpose should have positive element is the key to go ahead nicely.
I can mention here few very general benefits if you are just starting the meditation:
1. One can find out that meditation is not easy because when you close your eyes, you realize that there are lots of things going on your closed eyes' screen.
2. One can know that what's going inside her/ him.
3. It is possible that what we are presenting as our self may not be the trtuth for us after entering the meditation efforts.
4. One can face the inner self in very different kind of forms, which could be a shock treatment.
5. Mostly meditation provides the mental waves and its directions to the person, who can indulge in so many things after such processes.
I think that the realization of the image of our outer form would be the first thing one should understand and this is not a small benefit, because then and then you can enter in the real realm of the meditation.
it can ease up the flow of your system - your mind, your body.
After you have stayed perfectly still for long periods of time, you will start to experience something that cannot be explained or even spoken to those who have not experienced it. There is much more to the world than we realize!
Meditation Calms down your mind, concentration power increases, one becomes more possitive person, one gets more clarity of the work he performs. All the more one feels happy always
by Derrick Bennett5 years ago
Have you seen anything during meditation?For example like the mountains, forest, your job, etc
by Zenofsong7 years ago
How often do you fall asleep during meditation?
by AndyK265 years ago
The benefits of transcendental meditation technique?What are the benefits of transcendental meditation technique? List of benefits for practicing this meditation technique
by India Arnold5 years ago
How can high-strung people calm down enough to get results during meditation?
by Sushma Webber4 years ago
Do you think the practice of Being in the NOW is good for stress relief?Mindfulness meditation or the book 'The Power of Now' by Eckhart Tolle has made the Being in the NOW a popular idea. I would like to know if there...
by ptosis2 years ago
The soul, by definition, is meta-physical and is thought that the soul would be connected to the brain, not within the brain.It used to be thought that the soul resided in your heart - but getting a heart transplant...
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.