jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

what precautions should be taken for urinary tract?

1. profile image45
    neharahman17posted 7 years ago

what precautions should be taken for urinary tract?

2. aeolusand profile image53
    aeolusandposted 7 years ago

The prevention of infection, increase water quantity is very important, daily urine to ensure greater than 1.5 litres women, men more than 2 litres

3. profile image0
    ankigarg87posted 7 years ago

* Avoid bubble – baths.
        * If you swim, you must take extra precaution. A swimming pool breeds a host of microbes.  Shower immediately. UTI and Swimming do not go well with each other.
        * Don’t share individual things -  like towels and soaps.
        * You must pass urine after sexual intercourse.
        * Do you suffer from constipation often? Check it by drinking plenty of water.
        * Be very particular in matters of hygiene.
        * UTI is not very common in men, whereas it is common and recurs frequently in women.
        * There are a lot many other do’s and don’ts if you’re a female, so mail me your gender.
        * Regarding the involuntary passage of urine, how bad is it? Is there constant dribbling, all day long? Or is there incontinence only if you cough or sneeze or strain?
        * This will get checked once the infection is controlled. You might have to take a course of antibiotics if the infection persists.

4. Cumbesef profile image60
    Cumbesefposted 7 years ago

That being said....I read somewhere years ago that taking Alka Seltzer at the onset of a UTI will elimate it.  I have tried this more than once - It has worked every time!