jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Explain this metaolism stuff please? so i'm fat. i eat pretty healthy i don't ex

1. profile image51
    altamirawebposted 7 years ago

Explain this metaolism stuff please?
    so i'm fat. i eat pretty healthy i don't exercise. i know...

that's how you lose weight lol. but my friend is in good shape he doesn't eat healthy nor does he exercise but he's skinny.. he said it's because of his metabolism..

so if you have a high one that's good
    and a small on is bad and makes you fat quicker ??

if i exercise an continue to eat healthy will my metabolism get better or will i always gain way easy ?

2. dabeaner profile image57
    dabeanerposted 7 years ago

Exercise increases your metabolism.  Strength exercise builds muscle that can replace fat.  The food that would go to making fat goes to muscle instead.

http://hubpages.com/hub/weight-loss-fat … -confusion
    http://hubpages.com/hub/can-you-believe … losing-fat

3. kevindonaldson profile image41
    kevindonaldsonposted 7 years ago

metabolism have a lot to do with not only the foods you eat and exercising but also your genetic makeup. It sounds like your friend has a fast or high metabolism by his family heredity. You should look into negative calorie foods, these are foods that requires your body to work harder than the amount of calorie the food has in it. Also check out the glycemic index in the foods you eat. Finally, there are medical doctors the do metabolic testing in their office, this will let you know exactly how to achieve your desired results

4. Lifeallstar1 profile image57
    Lifeallstar1posted 7 years ago

Everyone is different. If you were always like that, you might have to try harder than someone else. Activity is a big factor but some people don't have to do much and they are always thin. If its a sudden change and your gaining but nothing else has changed, have a doctor look into it. Some people have a thyroid problem which can cause a faster or slower metabolism. It also naturally slows with age but you might have just always had a slower metabolism than others and many people are like that. You need to then work harder than others. Some people have the opposite problem and try to gain weight and eat a ton and still can't gain.

5. sexydebie profile image55
    sexydebieposted 7 years ago

It is possible that these tips are not suitable for you if you have certain health problems. At the slightest doubt or if you have not had long medical history, a consultation with your physician is advised

You're struggling to get a flat stomach?

Our weight is largely regulated by the hypothalamus, a small gland located at the base of the brain.

The hypothalamus controls our appetite, but also our "reference weight", i.e, the weight it deems desirable for us.

The hypothalamus reacts to many situations: stress, anger, frustration, depression .... which according to the case will stimulate or suppress appetites.

How the hypothalamus regulates Does our weight? Mainly based on our physical activity. Our physiology has not changed much since our hunter-gatherer ancestors.

working