jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How do you focus on what you need to do, when you have so much on your plate?

1. GdessLacey profile image56
    GdessLaceyposted 7 years ago

How do you focus on what you need to do, when you have so much on your plate?

kids, spouse, housework, jobs, hobbies, etc. How do you juggle it all without going insane?

2. Dave Mathews profile image60
    Dave Mathewsposted 7 years ago

Make a list and then attack one and complete one, until the list is completed, remaining focused all the time.

3. profile image0
    Richard Stephenposted 7 years ago

Like Dave suggested, I make a list of tasks and them prioritize them according to importance.  Then I tackle the most important first, then the next and so on.  Sometimes, I just have to realize that there aren't enough hours in the day to get everything done and let some things drop.  If you have a spouse and your kids are old enough, delegate whatever you can.  I have a wife and 3 active kids and I could be going from the time I rise until my head hits the pillow.  However, you have to take time for yourself to relax and clear your mind.  Otherwise, you will have real troubles staying focused.  Good luck!

4. The Power Glider profile image59
    The Power Gliderposted 7 years ago

You would do it the same way you'd eat an elephant.  One bite at a time.

5. Chantwaun profile image62
    Chantwaunposted 7 years ago

Hi Gdess, Check out my latest Hub about ruts. Im sure you'll find the info very helpful to your situation.

6. profile image0
    Always Greenerposted 7 years ago

A tough question.  The way I do it is to repeatedly remind myself of what I want to achieve as a result of what I'm doing - what am I getting out of it.  Remind yourself of this when stressors reak peak levels.

working