B12 Information

1. GmaGoldie profile image77
    GmaGoldieposted 7 years ago

B12 Information

I have been diagnosed with B12 deficiency.  I feel that I am deficient in biotin - my nails break and my hair lacks shine. 

More importantly, I feel many others may be deficient in B12.

I love your articles would appreciate your take on this vitamin.

2. profile image0
    tinamarie9884posted 7 years ago

vit. B12- (cobalamin) .Helps break down amino acid, Increase energy, Maintain a healthy nervous system, Relieve irritability, improves concentration, memory, and balance. Natural Sources- Liver, Pork, eggs, cheese, fish. Enemies- sunlight, alcohol, estrogen, sleeping pills, Acids and alkalies. hope some of this info. is helpful.

3. profile image0
    ankigarg87posted 7 years ago

Vitamin B12 comes in several forms, and it is alternately known by the names derivative of cobalamin such as cyanocobalamin, cobalamyns, and hydroxycobalamin. Vitamin B12 plays an integral role in the human body in the manufacture of genetic material of cells which is essential for growth and development. Vitamin B12 is also active and vital in the role of many enzymatic functions in the human body. Without Vitamin B12, the formation of red blood cells in the bone marrow of the body would be impossible. This Vitamin is also necessary in the maintenance of a healthy nervous system and is though to function in conjunction with the processing of both folic acids and carbohydrates in the diet.

The dietary sources for Vitamin B12 are easily obtained, although you need only minute quantity of this Vitamin in order for proper functioning. The absolute best source of Vitamin B12 is found in liver, closely followed by kidneys, lean meats, eggs, fish and chicken. You can also find a healthy does of Vitamin B12 in milk and dairy products

Closed to reply

working