jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What are the best food sources of vitamin B12/ Will a blood test determine total

1. brakel2 profile image79
    brakel2posted 5 years ago

What are the best food sources of vitamin B12/ Will a blood test determine total absorption of B12?

2. jill of alltrades profile image75
    jill of alltradesposted 5 years ago

Some of the best food sources of Vit B12 are: clams, oysters, mussels, fortified cereals, liver, fish, crabs and beef. I know there is a test that will determine how well you absorb B12. However, I'm not sure if it will determine total absorption.

I hope I have answered your question.

3. Cassandra Goduti profile image59
    Cassandra Godutiposted 5 years ago

A blood test will determine your absorption of B12. I know this because I have frequently received B12 shots. B12 is an absorption vitamin. If you need to receive B12 shots you are more than likely not absorbing all your nutrients.

4. JustForHearts profile image58
    JustForHeartsposted 5 years ago

Foods like fish, egg yolks, liver of lamb,beef, oysters,mutton, milk are some of the sources of b12.All the sources are also high in cholesterol, so you need to watch the intake.
    Yes, blood test can determine the absorption of B12.

5. profile image47
    AntoninaBunerohposted 5 years ago

Insufficient B12 Vitamin could get both from the limited diet ingestion caused by an unbalanced dietary strategy or even due to intrinsic factor insufficiency, resulted in pernicious anemia, a health problem which, if it is not dealt with, could regrettably result in dying. Having less the particular intrinsic factor ensures that the gastrointestinal tract of the person that has it has problems with ingesting B12 Vitamin adequately. Having less the particular vitamin normally brings about anemia, it also might occur in serious nervous as well as mental destruction. Thus, observe the pursuing signs that can help everyone identify the particular Vitamin B12 deficit.
    Source: http://www.myvitaminb12deficiency.com/