jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Should Husband Be In Delivery Room When The Wife Is Delivering A Baby?

1. ngureco profile image83
    ngurecoposted 7 years ago

Should Husband Be In Delivery Room When The Wife Is Delivering A Baby?

If he was to be present, what role should he play other than just gazing.

2. Daniel J. Neumann profile image61
    Daniel J. Neumannposted 7 years ago

He's there for moral support, I've heard... but it does seem pretty silly; doesn't it? It certainly ought to be his choice.

The husband may want to see. The husband may want to alleviate some of the pain by holding the wife's hand. Or, the husband may, as you point out, just take up space.

3. vydyulashashi profile image60
    vydyulashashiposted 7 years ago

if he has to be there..he should hold his wife's hand..and try to relieve from pain by his words and love

4. MickS profile image73
    MickSposted 7 years ago

Good question, I was there for the birth of all my children, nothing exciting, nothing special, just a function of the human female body.  But, my wife wanted me there, that is the important thing, it gave her some form of support.

5. What's News profile image71
    What's Newsposted 7 years ago

If the husband is the father of that child I say absolutely without a doubt. If on the other hand they happen have meet after conception and married within that short period of time and the baby is that of another man it should be handled differently.

Then it is a matter that should be discussed and there should be a complete understanding well before the due date. It should be understood if yes he is or if no he is not.

6. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 7 years ago

Duh, yes.  The husband is also the contributor in baby making.  He was the donor.

working