jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

MY SON FATHER IS NOT READY TO SETTLE DOWN SO HE ISNT ONLY MINE WOULD I B HAPPIER

1. JOELL1206 profile image49
    JOELL1206posted 7 years ago

MY SON FATHER IS NOT READY TO SETTLE DOWN SO HE ISNT ONLY MINE WOULD I B HAPPIER WITHOUT HIM?

WE HAVE A SON TOGETHER BUT HE ISNT READY TO SETTLE DOWN, SO HE IS WITH MANY WOMEN I JUST FEEL I CANT TAKE IT ANY MORE. DO I STAY OR GO

2. vydyulashashi profile image57
    vydyulashashiposted 7 years ago

very sensitive case.better try 2 find any alternative solution 2 change his mind,not 4 u but for ur son. in future he mi8 b worried becoz he doesn't have dad with him(if u go)

3. Daniel J. Neumann profile image61
    Daniel J. Neumannposted 7 years ago

This is an emotionally charged question, and I don't want to get zapped---but try to work it out. Make him see, somehow, how selfish he is. He's got a great son and a beautiful wife to make a family with, and it's his time to grow up.

If that doesn't work, I'm sure you'll be a great single parent smile

4. mintinfo profile image75
    mintinfoposted 7 years ago

Only you can decide what you want out of life. Sit and think very hard on the choices and consequences of your every action. Think about this, he wasn't willing to settle down with you before the child and now not after therefore he probably never will. He will come and go for as long as you let him. Mind over love. This world is a hard place.

5. nasus loops profile image69
    nasus loopsposted 7 years ago

This is a very difficult question to answer, as there is no straightforward answer to it.  The instant response is that you should go, as he is not setting a good example for your son and obviously you are upset about the whole situation, which in turn your son will pick up on.

However, saying all that, you should try to talk and explain your feelings to the father as he could play a vital and important role in the upbringing of your son. 

If after you have talked he still plays around, then best to start afresh as a single mum.  Which although difficult is not impossible.  Many, many mums are on there own and they probably cope better that way than if they were with an incompetent male.  Remember, if you do go, don't be afraid to seek help.  There are plenty of support networks where you can turn for advice on bringing up your child whether on your own or not.  You will not be the only single mum they have seen, and you may make new friends in the process, maybe even a single dad!!

working