jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What was it like to live in a society that accepted smoking?

1. lxxy profile image60
    lxxyposted 7 years ago

What was it like to live in a society that accepted smoking?

2. Nick B profile image81
    Nick Bposted 7 years ago

Bloody marvellous.

Everywhere you went, it was accepted and no-one batted an eyelid.

Nowadays it's quite the reverse and yet whatever you've been told, there don't seem to be any fewer smokers, they just find themselves outside. It's already killed the British pub and why they couldn't have said that there had to be smoking pubs and non-smoking pubs I don't know.

More of the nanny state I suppose, taking away the right of the individual to make his or her own life choices.

3. Mentalist acer profile image60
    Mentalist acerposted 7 years ago

It was considered accepted behavior with ignorance to any heath risks...I,ve witten a Poetic deterrance to your request Lxxy called MANEVOLENT DEAL...

4. Tkumah profile image60
    Tkumahposted 7 years ago

It was a more honest society back then. Now people are not afraid of what is kiling them in the air, food, water and their hygiene, but they are afraid of innocent smoking.
    It was great back then, there was less cancer and a better and  more honest diagnosis.
    There was more fun in bars and a better crowd to party with. People were more human and less robot like. Do you know what it is like to talk to a person who is afraid of smoking nowadays in a bar? So booooring, most real people stay home in after hours partties.
    There was more respect back then, nowadays GMO baloney invaded the education system.
    Society was better informed and people resisted GMO and requested labels. After they took those companies that put labels on their products down, people became afraid.
    So, people were less afraid back then and healthier, more honest and fun.

working