jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Have you accepted the fact that one day you will die?

1. MissieMae profile image59
    MissieMaeposted 5 years ago

Have you accepted the fact that one day you will die?

I think about death a great deal, but I don't think I can ever fully grasp that I will one day 'not exist'.

2. Georgie Lowery profile image94
    Georgie Loweryposted 5 years ago

I'm okay with it. I'm not ready for it by a long shot, but I'm not scared. I get sad when I think about simply being gone forever.

3. nickshamrock profile image75
    nickshamrockposted 5 years ago

The way I see it, I didn't exist 26 years ago, and in the future, I won't exist again. I don't want to die without leaving a mark on the world, but I'm not afraid of what happens after life either.

4. duffsmom profile image58
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

I find that as I get older it is on my mind more.  I don't think I am afraid of death, but not at all comfortable with how I might die. I have seen too many people suffer in the end with cancer or whatever - so it is on my mind.  It is very hard to grasp that life with go on with little change after I am gone.

5. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 5 years ago

yes i have. it's just how it is and i accept that. i've came very close a few times and it didn't bother me in the way it bothers most people. you will die when you die and that's just part of living.

6. MissieMae profile image59
    MissieMaeposted 5 years ago

I am living with metastatic breast cancer which so far has traveled to my bones and to my lungs.

Lately I have been struck by how much of our 'news' and the trend of talk centers around the desire to be 'safe' from things.  Our leaders want to somehow convince us that they are able to keep us 'safe', but the reality is that we will die, sometime, of something. 

I like to think that I will be able to gracefully accept my demise, but I have seen people living in the worst conditions who continue to strive to live, and I am amazed by the will to live. 

This is a journey I am living, and I think about it a great deal.

Closed to reply