jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do you think self help is the best help in all areas of your life?

1. sofs profile image81
    sofsposted 7 years ago

Do you think self help is the best help in all areas of your life?

2. Dorothee-Gy profile image69
    Dorothee-Gyposted 7 years ago

For me, it certainly is. I believe firmly in the "Help yourself and God will help you" or "God will not do any more for me as I do for myself", and so for me, any help can always only be an invitation for self-help.

You cannot do anything FOR anybody if they don't do it for themselves, and nobody can do anything for you if you don't do the work for yourself.

3. rnbguru profile image34
    rnbguruposted 7 years ago

Self-help is definitely an important part as you need to reach these states on your own before you can truly achieve the things you want. However, don't be afraid to work with others as well. Some things are impossible to achieve entirely on your own (especially with mental health issues).

4. r3nuk4 profile image58
    r3nuk4posted 6 years ago

Reading self help books brings in a all new source of enthusiasm and spirit within you. it awakens your internal bliss and calms all the turbulent worries hammering your head. reading such books makes our attitude positive. we start perceiving the world in a whole new fashion. Time has proved circumstances where many amazing wonders sprung up  from people who empowerd themselves, reading self help books.

working