jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (15 posts)

Do you use Self Help or personal development products?

1. Digitskyes profile image74
    Digitskyesposted 5 years ago

Do you use Self Help or personal development products?

There's a wealth of self help and personal development products and techniques out there. Have you tried any? if so which ones have you found most effective?

2. chef-de-jour profile image96
    chef-de-jourposted 5 years ago

I have not. I try to keep myself intact with daily walks and artistic activities but have not spent money on any personal development products. Thanks for the question.

3. Dr. Haddox profile image78
    Dr. Haddoxposted 5 years ago

I am always reading self-help literature, while at the same time writing self-help literature. Personal development and health promotion efforts are part of the profession and work of doctors like myself. We give and we take (in the sense that we sometimes need help ourselves in order to survive). To survive, mean taking care of one's own health as best as one can.
    Therefore, the answer to your question is "yes I do use self help and personal development products."
    Take care. Dr. Haddox

4. Inspired to write profile image77
    Inspired to writeposted 5 years ago

A resounding YES!

Knowledge comes from others.

Or through experiences both personal & not so.

That's how we learn, how we have the opportunity to experience, to grow, both in mind, spiritually & even in body.

Knowledge, is for sharing, for passing onto others.

Self help does exactly what is say's on the label, SELF HELP!

For your own personal development, chose what you want to focus on, then go about researching all your options out there & become POWERFUL within that subject.

Now GO & GROW!

Regards Dale

5. gary dube profile image72
    gary dubeposted 5 years ago

Somehow I have missed on those products but Internet has been a great support system for me as it helped me understand my prolems which is a kind of anxiety disorder. Rich content on the net is helping me in coming to terms with life.

6. roc6 profile image73
    roc6posted 5 years ago

Yes I use Tap The Power of Sacred Geometry to activate your highest potential, Dr Andrew Weil's Mind Body tool kit. I also love a lot of Robin Sharma's books, of course Eckhart Tolle is brilliant. I watch Eckhart Tolle DVD's which has helped me greatly. Another person is Adyashanti, you can find youtube videos from him.

7. profile image0
    topaz blueposted 5 years ago

Hello
    Yes I do, and to add to my library recenlty decided to make a study of wealth, and have listened  to ' The Science of getting Rich', various audio books by Dr Joe Vitale, various audio books by Abraham Hicks, Nick James and intended to read Think and Grow Rich by Napolean Hill and many more.
      What about you?

Many thanks
    Topaz Blue

p.s Doing/thinking differently as suggested in this material has led me to Hub Pages .

Digitskyesposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yea I've done my fair share of looking into SelfHelp.
      I LOVE The science of getting rich, but the most interesting thing for me is the way it is all beginning to meld together with science, metaphysics and a lot of the 'new age' type thinking.

2. profile image0
      topaz blueposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yeap and 21 2012 will be interesting too!

8. Josh Bell profile image55
    Josh Bellposted 5 years ago

Have you tried any?
    Yes!

if so which ones have you found most effective?

the writings of:

Dale Carnegie
    Napolean Hill
    Zig Ziglar

Personal development involves so much more than most people realize. It's amazing!

Digitskyesposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Sorry it took me so long to get back on this smile
      Yes I've tried quite a few ones I currently find interesting are:
      Access Conciousness.
      The Release Technique.
      And I've used various sound tone ones like Holosynch before, as you say it's a vast subject.

2. Josh Bell profile image55
      Josh Bellposted 5 years agoin reply to this

No problem!

Interesting. I'll have to look into those...

3. Taleb80 profile image82
      Taleb80posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for both of you for the suggestions.

9. Emanate Presence profile image76
    Emanate Presenceposted 5 years ago

Digitskyes,

There was a period in my life (over a stretch of 30 years or so) when I tested, tried and practiced with a variety of 'self help and personal development products and techniques.'

Attended workshops and retreats such as 'Adventures in Attitudes' by Bob Conklin, 'The Landmark Forum', 'The Dream: A Gathering of Equals' and Vipassana meditation.

Reviewed about 500 books on self-help and personal development as editor of 'Vision River Guide' in two volumes: 'Finding Life Purpose' and 'Awareness and Energy Medicine.'

Experimented with several techniques utilizing technology such as light and sound, music, bio-feedback and more subtle concepts. I prefer to be stand-alone and not dependent on any outside tools for my conscious development.

In the end, my personal and spiritual development is a lone journey. I have found more riches of insight and benefit from interaction with other hubbers and writing 25 hubs on personal development subjects (gaining and integrating new realizations as I write) than from studying and practicing the ideas of others. The Higher Self is my guide.

1. Taleb80 profile image82
      Taleb80posted 5 years agoin reply to this

You passed a long way & I am happy you have reached the goal.

working