jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

can i get pregnant while taking this birth control

1. profile image46
    cieramcgeeposted 7 years ago

can i get pregnant while taking this birth control

i havent had a period since june 5 2010 can i be pregnant

2. David R Bradley profile image83
    David R Bradleyposted 7 years ago

most definitely.  Rare, but possible.  Time for a test or a trip to the doc.

3. joanpeterson1 profile image54
    joanpeterson1posted 7 years ago

Yes, you can get pregnant while using the pill.  With two and half months since your last period you are either pregnant or suffering from some sort of illness that is preventing you from having your period.

Time to get checked out.  I would start with one of those tests you can pick up in most stores and if that is negative, you should see your doc.

4. harrybaguio@hotma profile image62
    harrybaguio@hotmaposted 7 years ago

Yes! Birth control pills are only 99% effective i believe. There is still that one percent.

Also, some antibiotics can lower the effectiveness of the pill. unfortunately, some nurses don't know about this or know about it, but just forgets to tell you.

June 5 eyy? Damn. Your probably pregnant. Have you noticed any changes in diet, mood or anything?

5. wychic profile image90
    wychicposted 7 years ago

I notice this doesn't say a specific type of birth control, though I'm going to guess that the original question was directed at someone in particular. There are some forms of birth control that can stop a period (i.e. depoprovera), and stress can cause some people to go months at a time without a period, so that in itself is not a definite indicator. All birth control methods -- except abstinence -- have a failure rate, and no matter what you're taking it's still possible to get pregnant as long as you're having sex. I personally know three people who were on depoprovera and got pregnant, but didn't know about it until they felt their babies start to move because they didn't get a period. I myself am currently seven months pregnant with a baby conceived while on ortho tricyclin. Simple solution, get a pregnancy test.

6. KatieCohen profile image56
    KatieCohenposted 7 years ago

Yes you can.  It also depends on the kind of birth control.  If you don't take the pill at the same time everyday your percentage of protection goes down.  Even if you did take it at the same time everyday, no method is 100% effective.