jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

My 25 yr old son that has twins (boy and girl) Is considering a vasectomy,

1. Sweetsusieg profile image84
    Sweetsusiegposted 7 years ago

My 25 yr old son that has twins (boy and girl) Is considering a vasectomy,

I don't know if he should go through with this.  I try to be a good Mom and not butt in, realizing that it is his life.  But all the 'what if's' of life keep popping into my head.  He's considering this because his girl can't have anymore children (health reasons).  And suggestions?

2. ZarkoZivkovic profile image76
    ZarkoZivkovicposted 7 years ago

Well, I'm a year older than your son and I must say I understand one part of it, since she can't have kids he wants to be faithful, but you can make sure that he does a vasectomy that can be reversed!

he already has children, so it's not like he want have anyone... I guess you should just provide support for him in whatever decision he makes and try not to argue with him about it.

3. Sterling Carter profile image73
    Sterling Carterposted 7 years ago

Well I am a father of 4... in 4 years

One was enough LOL.

We had 3 in diapers...     twice! What the heck where we thinking

I would suggest to him no to do that just yet. You never know what tomorrow may bring.

4. Loveslove profile image59
    Lovesloveposted 7 years ago

If his wife cant have any more children why the heck would he bother to have a vasectomy ? Unless he cant trust himself to be faithful ....I thought the idea of a Vasectomy was  to prevent children ie Birth Control but since the matter has been taken out of his hands  there really is no need to bother in my opinion.

On the other hand ,if his wife is capable of having another baby but cant for medical reasons then I would say yes go ahead .

5. fucsia profile image59
    fucsiaposted 7 years ago

I think that the vasectomy may be reversible ... or not?

6. wychic profile image89
    wychicposted 7 years ago

If they're certain his wife can't have more kids, it seems like there's really no reason not to...and if they want more in the future, there's always adoption. That said, my husband has considered having a vasectomy three different times...and every time he's put it off or reconsidered. I'm glad he did because now we can have a child together, and we now have one on the way, but on the flip side he'll be 51 in a couple of weeks and now has six kids because he didn't make up his mind on it. Three are adults and the sixth isn't born yet, so it's not like it's an overwhelming number, but he's also starting to feel like he's spending his entire life just raising kids. When it comes down to it, I suppose it is a very personal decision and there are any number of factors that go into making it.

7. hanijane profile image59
    hanijaneposted 7 years ago

God wont give anyone anything they can't handle. That being said, It isn't a smart thing to do at all, if you have any respect or love for God ie; Life. It is hard as a mother to step in and tell him what is best, but I am sure you know that if you know that something is he is doing is wrong, and you don't tell him, you are contributing to his sin. Just pray about it, tell him and his wife to pray, God will speak, we just have to listen.

8. Sweetsusieg profile image84
    Sweetsusiegposted 7 years ago

I guess I should have made it more clear, but space would not allow.  It will kill her if she gets pregnant.  She had an aneurysm at the birth of the twins, and seizure.  Birth control that contains ANY hormones will kill her, surgery (tubiligation) will kill her.  Condoms are only 98% effective and cannot be used with spermicide.  So the dilemma remains. 

Due to his age and the instability of things I'd rather he did not get a vasectomy.  He is his own man and he will do what he will.  For that I cannot find fault.  I just wish he wouldn't.