jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What are some of your favorite healthier meals that you have recently started co

1. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 7 years ago

What are some of your favorite healthier meals that you have recently started cooking?

2. EatLovePray profile image55
    EatLovePrayposted 7 years ago

Egg toast............with orange juice. smile

3. SteveoMc profile image75
    SteveoMcposted 7 years ago

Lots and lots of vegetables and small amounts of meat. Put them all on brown rice.

4. C.Scrizzle profile image57
    C.Scrizzleposted 7 years ago

Less red meat...more green tea...i use tempeh in place of meat once in a while...feel a lot better since

5. Road Trip Amy profile image61
    Road Trip Amyposted 7 years ago

Soups!  I got an immersion blender for Christmas, and it's revolutionized my ability to make awesome, healthy soups.  Most recently, I made a summer tomato/corn soup -- I sauteed onions, celery and garlic in a bit of olive oil, then added diced tomatoes and chicken stock, then simmered until the veggies were soft, then pureed with the blender, then added some cayenne pepper, salt and fresh corn cut off the cob, then simmered until the corn was tender and served with basil as a garnish.  Very tasty and healthy too!

6. Absolute Health profile image58
    Absolute Healthposted 7 years ago

I often change around my recipes, but one I go back to when I'm short on time is a simple chicken and collard green soup thats awesome and the kids love love love it.

I wash and season boneless chicken thighs. I wash the meat with lemon and season with garlic, onions, curry, cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper. Throw that in a pot and simmer until meat is cooked. Then take the chicken and bake it seperately for color and a little harder texture, leaving the stock for the soup. Roll up the collard green leaves and chop chop chop. Add the bunch to the stock and simply cover the pot with no heat. While the chicken bakes the heat from the pot cooks the collards and all the flavors just blend together.

When the chicken is done, I'll chop it up a bit more and add it to the pot, stir with a litlle heat for about 10 mins and there you have it.

working