jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

I have a recently divorced friend that has started partying again and seeing man

1. khood1357 profile image63
    khood1357posted 7 years ago

I have a recently divorced friend that has started partying again and seeing many guys. She is...

beautiful and I am worried she or her kids are going to get hurt. How can I help her?

2. profile image0
    Phoebe Pikeposted 7 years ago

You could try discussing it with her, but be open to her wants and needs. Most of the time it's just a phase people go through because they want change. She might end up dating someone else again and settling down. Just be open if you talk to her, don't judge or she will close herself off to what you say.

3. khood1357 profile image63
    khood1357posted 7 years ago

Phoebe thanks for your insite! I will definetly give her some time to try and find herself.

4. stricktlydating profile image82
    stricktlydatingposted 7 years ago

To help her you can only be there to support her.  Good for her for being able to start going out again and start dating again even though she's recently divorced. It's a more positive step than sitting at home feeling sorry for herself. Life is short and as long as she's enjoying herself you don't need to worry.

5. a. lohr profile image56
    a. lohrposted 7 years ago

one area of concern: the children ~

I've seen friends divorce and then bring any and everybody around to meet the kids.  It only hurts and confuses the kids. It's better to date without involving the children at first.  Hopefully, your friend knows this or very gently initiate this conversation.

working