jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

My kitten had recently started to pee on furniture like my bed and couch. she ne

1. profile image45
    lovetheblahposted 8 years ago

My kitten had recently started to pee on furniture like my bed and couch. she never did this...

before and known how to use a little box. she isnt acting sick and is still eating and drinking regularly. Any ideas on why she is doing this and what i can do to stop it?

2. ddsurfsca profile image75
    ddsurfscaposted 8 years ago

Cats have been known to go to the bathroom in the shoes or in the bed of people they are mad at for some reason.  I dont know about all over the house though.

3. GoGranny profile image76
    GoGrannyposted 8 years ago

You may need to go to the Vet to have the cat tested for a UTI (urinary tract infection) which is not uncommon in cats. One of the symptoms (and sometimes the only symptom) is inappropriate urination, which is anywhere other than the litter box. If that is not the case, make sure you are cleaning the litter box daily and that it is roomy enough for the cat's comfort. Cats are particular about being clean and do not like a dirty box.

4. hglick profile image87
    hglickposted 8 years ago

Is peeing on the furniture a kitten health problem or behavior problem? Kitten behavior problems often stem from insecurity and/or frustration. When your kitten pees on the furniture he is telling you that something is bothering him. read more

5. renee21 profile image83
    renee21posted 5 years ago

It may be because she has reached maturity.  Get her spayed and it most likely will fix it.