jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

what are the side-effects of not sleeping for a very long time

1. sir_tallest profile image63
    sir_tallestposted 7 years ago

what are the side-effects of not sleeping for a very long time

2. Cytronix profile image55
    Cytronixposted 7 years ago

Just kidding, I would presume that side effects would include things such as lack of concentration, stress, eye strain, etc. It's difficult to answer this question since I'm not sure what the reason for lack of sleep in this situation is.

3. Ipeoney profile image83
    Ipeoneyposted 7 years ago

Lack of sleep can be very dangerous to our health. Whether lack of sleep is due to our own doing like stay out late at night or to a sleep disorder it must be taken care of as soon as possible. My sister once told me before, I can't remember all... read more

4. greatinfosite profile image60
    greatinfositeposted 7 years ago

side effects include loosing the abilities to think,you may realize that you may have short term memory.Your skin will become dull as you fail to have a decent quality sleep.  Possible weight gain, since you couldn't sleep, you may tend to eat more to kill time.

5. Devanni profile image56
    Devanniposted 7 years ago

Insanity.  Studies have been done on this - I'm sorry I can't be more specific as I read the studies some time ago and can't remember where I read them.  The studies have shown that after 7 days, a person is out of their mind.  (yes - that's a technical term - haha.) 
    Actually, sleep deprivation is a "tool" used in "interrogation" and torture.
    From personal experience with insomnia, I can say that I have experienced disturbing visual hallucinations - although I was well aware they were not real.

6. jcales profile image62
    jcalesposted 7 years ago

you'll definitely get bags under your eyes, more apt to get illnesses since your body is not resting, less in every aspect of life.

7. profile image0
    ankigarg87posted 7 years ago

One of the possible side effects of a continued lack of sleep is death.

8. profile image0
    jasper420posted 7 years ago

sleep depervation has many side effects including but not limmited to hallusantaions paranioa headaches irrtablity migraines and loss of reality