jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Have you ever been stuck on a ski lift for a very long time? And did you think o

1. ptosis profile image77
    ptosisposted 7 years ago

Have you ever been stuck on a ski lift for a very long time? And did you think of jumping off?

There was a derailment of a ski lift at Maine's Sugarloaf Mountain Ski Resort. What would you have done if stuck - try to jump off? At what point would the distance be too high?

I was - and I did jump off by hanging onto the foot rests with hands  and then letting go -  so only dropped about 4-5 feet. ........I was stuck in front of a snow blower and was encrusted like a sugar glazed donut.

2. IdeaMorphist profile image63
    IdeaMorphistposted 7 years ago

I could never jump, I get waaay too scared of heights

3. Wendi M profile image78
    Wendi Mposted 7 years ago

We were skiing at Kiilington, on a beautiful, sunny day, when I was a teenager.  My mom and I were on the lift together when it suddenly stopped.  We wound up being stuck in that spot for well over 2 hours, but we were facing the sun...so it felt nice.

There was no way to jump, because we were situated directly over some huge (and rather sharp) rocks.  So we just sat it out, talked, and get some nice color on our faces.  I know it wasn't wind-burn, because we only got 1 run in that day.

4. tinaweha profile image67
    tinawehaposted 7 years ago

Yes, a very long time ago.  It wasn't a terribly long time stuck on the chairlift, but I was very cold.  I think it must have been at Mammoth...though not sure.  Idiots behind us were swinging their chair back and forth and I yelled at them because I'm afraid of heights and it made my chair rock.  I try to forget things like that. 

I used to love skiing when I was younger but I hated gondolas and chair lifts that were probably 100ft over some valley.  Mammoth was the worst.

Closed to reply