jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

I have entered into a relationship with a woman who has told me she suffers from

1. profile image47
    tangledup111posted 7 years ago

I have entered into a relationship with a woman who has told me she suffers from bipolar...

depressive disorder. She is wonderful in so many ways. what am i getting myself into and is it worth it?

2. johnshade profile image69
    johnshadeposted 7 years ago

Hi, I am Bipolar, sometimes you will have to make decisions for her she may not agree with.

She will have very deep low periods
    and very high moods
    the severity depends on the diagnosis
    She is also going to be 'normal' for very long periods of time

It is very possible to have a stable relationship if she is on meds or has coping mechanisms.

If she told you it means she really likes you, take it slow but don't abandon the possibility of a loving relationship because of a treatable illness.

3. ryancarter profile image61
    ryancarterposted 7 years ago

The worth it part will have to be something you figure out.  It will take a little while to experience all of her mood swings, so hang in there and try to be supportive.  I've known a few bipolar people, and I can honestly say that some suffer worse than others.

4. justom profile image68
    justomposted 7 years ago

Make sure she takes her meds. If she doesn't run as far away as you can. Sounds cruel but I've been around it! Peace and good luck!

5. profile image50
    SoCalRaul20posted 5 years ago

If she is as wonderful as my Lynda then yes

working