jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What is your understanding of mental health; it's problems, medications, and nat

1. schoolgirlforreal profile image82
    schoolgirlforrealposted 7 years ago

What is your understanding of mental health; it's problems, medications, and natural treatments? smile

2. Youngcurves19 profile image61
    Youngcurves19posted 7 years ago

My understanding of it is there are people who need medication because of a chemical imbalance and people who need a vacation cause their just having a mental breakdown!

3. Thumb86 profile image55
    Thumb86posted 7 years ago

My understanding and personal experience of mental health issues are that it is a seriously debilitating and chronic affliction and its certainly not to be sneered at. It frustrates me greatly, the amount of stigma attached to people with mental health problems. In most cases, you will find them to be extraordinarily friendly, kind people. The medication involved isn't pretty at times..But its nesscessary in my opinion. I'm not familiar with the "natural" treatments that available for the treatment of such illnesses..I would seriously question someone shunning medical science in favour of "new age" , "homeopathic" etc etc treatments though.

4. annewhitefield profile image59
    annewhitefieldposted 7 years ago

that it's usually brought about by certain situations in life (if not hereditary) and that it can be augmented through therapy.

Closed to reply

working