jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What things do you do that helps you not act out your anger?

1. prey profile image74
    preyposted 7 years ago

What things do you do that helps you not act out your anger?

To not react to anger outwardly, even inwardly that is destructive.  Rather cope with anger in an appropriate, constructive way, if that makes sense?
    thank you

2. RTalloni profile image88
    RTalloniposted 7 years ago

No matter what all the reasons are about why I have this battle to face on a daily basis, I can only have this victory by the power of God when I am praying for His help/grace/power to be submitted to His Word. 

Another way to put it is that my victory over anger comes via focusing on having a Christ-like spirit by maintaining my relationship with God through His Son, Jesus the Christ.  Through making His Word my food and drink as I seek His wisdom and understanding and then daily walking with him in prayer I have experienced His victorious help.

While there are many "management" methods available, God gives the victory over anger (as well as other harmful behaviors) to a humble and contrite heart that will come to HIm according to the counsel of His Word!

3. jasonycc profile image76
    jasonyccposted 7 years ago

Take a deep breath when you are in anger. Calm yourself before taking any action or making any decision. It helps.

4. jdomingo profile image59
    jdomingoposted 7 years ago

To not act out at the time of the incident I usually laugh....really really loud...obnoxiously loud...say "that's f@$%!ng ridiculous" and then take a deep breathe and walk away.  To burn off the anger I usually head to the gym or have a morning run depending on the time of day.

5. vicki simms profile image74
    vicki simmsposted 7 years ago

Ive been in quite a few situations recently with work where I have been really angry but what stops me from doing anything is thinking why am I wasting my time, energy and breath on these people, they mean nothing to me. I agree with jdomingo and you just have to laugh at them and then take some deep breaths and im usually ok after that.

Closed to reply

working