jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

A friend asked me this question : I am 39 years old and want a 2nd child, should

1. Ingenira profile image83
    Ingeniraposted 7 years ago

A friend asked me this question : I am 39 years old and want a 2nd child, should I go for it ?

2. profile image0
    sord87posted 7 years ago

Get doctor advice before conceive.Most doctors recommending to stop giving birth at 40  if someone suffers from diabetes,heart problem and high blood pressure.

3. kentuckyslone profile image85
    kentuckysloneposted 7 years ago

I am in my upper 40s. I have a grown child and 2 grandchildren. I got married again a few years ago and now have a 3 year old and a 1 year old.

I say if you are concerned then check with a doctor to be sure everything is OK then go for it!

4. profile image0
    SilverGenesposted 7 years ago

Unless you have medical issues, there is nothing wrong with having children later. We may have more energy when we are younger but we seem to be more relaxed in parenting as we age. If you want children and are healthy, go for it!

5. krishubpages123 profile image31
    krishubpages123posted 7 years ago

its all depends on your aspects like wealth, upbringing the child in your later years, if you have now at 40, when she/he gets 20, you will be 60, so they probably want young looking dad/mom at their age, it is better to avoid if you can, if no problem you can adjust with the kids that time, they might call you grandpa/grandma also that time, so be selective.

6. breathe2travel profile image81
    breathe2travelposted 7 years ago

Is she married?  I cannot imagine having children without daily support!

I do not think she will regret having another child.  However, as the other respondants noted, seeking medical counsel throughout the pregnancy is wise. 

Best regards~

7. eye say profile image80
    eye sayposted 6 years ago

I had my first when I was 40 and she's healthy and great and 10 years old! go for it!

working