jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Is it OK to have sex during pregnancy?

1. HubMania profile image46
    HubManiaposted 7 years ago

Is it OK to have sex during pregnancy?

Is it safe to have sex in the 2nd or 3rd trimester of pregnancy?

2. zzron profile image55
    zzronposted 7 years ago

I think it depends on how far along you are. I think if you're in your seventh eighth or ninth month, it's probably not a very good idea. A good question to ask your Dr.

3. kenu12maller profile image36
    kenu12mallerposted 7 years ago

Yes it is but the positions should be like it should not hurt the womb and sex should be done lightly.

4. Catalin79 profile image68
    Catalin79posted 7 years ago

All studies showed that it is not a problem to have sex during late pregnancy as long as it is done gently.

5. puebloman profile image60
    pueblomanposted 7 years ago

I had sex all through my wife's pregnancy, and I was fine. Just fine!

6. nikmaya62 profile image60
    nikmaya62posted 7 years ago

It is OK to have sex during pregnancy. You just choose the comfortable position so that your sex activity did not disturb the pregnancy. Do it safely.

7. MNichopolis profile image58
    MNichopolisposted 7 years ago

As long as your wife doesn't catch you!

Just kidding!

There's many ways to "have sex"... Some are (of course) completely safe throughout pregnancy. So, technically, the answer is yes -- throughout the pregnancy.

Late term vaginal sex, however... Is probably best left determined on an individual basis by a woman and her doctor.

8. CarolineChicago profile image82
    CarolineChicagoposted 7 years ago

Yes, it is definitely safe. I had 3 children and had sex during the 2nd and 3rd trimesters. Granted, you may not feel like it. But after the baby comes, you have a  6-week moratorium and really, really may not feel like it. Use positions that are comfortable.

If you are overdue, having sex might actually help send you into labor. Late in the game, orgasm can create some hormonal reaction that might stimulate contractions.