jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What did you crave during pregnancy?

1. Shyla's Nana profile image61
    Shyla's Nanaposted 7 years ago

What did you crave during pregnancy?

What did you crave while pregnant? I have 4 children. With my oldest son I craved banana popsicles and fireballs. With my middle son I craved watermelon and fried squash which I had never eaten before. With my youngest son I craved chocolate Oreo ice cream and roast beef. With my daughter I craved crushed ice. I stopped counting at 104 pounds of ice and I didn't start craving that until the last month of pregnancy. Take a sec and share what you craved or maybe you are craving now. Thank you for your time and for sharing with us.

2. runrchic1 profile image68
    runrchic1posted 7 years ago

With my first pregnancy, I craved hot dogs (which I despise) and vanilla soft serve ice cream.  With my second pregnancy, I craved red meat (and I'm a vegetarian) and again vanilla soft serve ice cream but this time with sprinkles.  With my third pregnancy, noodles with peanut sauce, then popcorn and pizza with only cheese and no sauce.  All three pregnancies I could not tolerate milk.

3. workingmomwm profile image84
    workingmomwmposted 7 years ago

So many things. Currently, I can't get enough Coke and sweet tea (I am not a sugary drink kind of person - usually stick to water and diet sodas, and black tea/coffee). Just had a craving for cheesecake not too long ago, pumpkin pie before that. Early on, all I wanted to eat was spaghetti (from a box or a can). Over the summer it was peach ice cream - specifically peach. And watermelon (just the fruit, not in ice cream). Oh, and peanuts/peanut butter. And I'm absolutely addicted right now to muffins!

With my first daughter, my cravings were pretty similar - mostly carbs and sugar, like Dr. Pepper and a 3 Musketeers bar together. Talk about hyper! I could not eat chicken because I would automatically throw it up, and I eat chicken all the time normally. This time around, I cannot eat anything with onions in it.

4. Mumby profile image61
    Mumbyposted 7 years ago

Here's some of my cravings that you should unfortunately AVOID during your pregnancy:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Favorite-Foods- … n-Pregnant

5. Pauline Davenport profile image61
    Pauline Davenportposted 5 years ago

Fish and chips, hot and crisp and greasy with loads of salt and vinegar - they've never tasted the same since in nearly 40 years and a second family. I was very underweight with my first son (6stns 2lbs) and I guess it was just God's way of building me up so that I could carry the baby to term. It worked a treat.!!

working