jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How many of you have ever had a mental health crisis and couldn't get help becau

1. lambservant profile image94
    lambservantposted 7 years ago

How many of you have ever had a mental health crisis and couldn't get help because of no...

insurance or other reasons?

2. Jarn profile image73
    Jarnposted 7 years ago

Yeah. There's a way to fix that. Go to a hospital, claim you're suicidal, and they're legally required to admit you to a mental healthcare society for 72 hours. Of course, they won't let you go if you change your mind. It's better than eating a bullet.

3. lambservant profile image94
    lambservantposted 7 years ago

That doesn't always work. Saying you're suicidal does'nt guarentee an involuntary committment in my county. Most of the time you are sent to a 24 hour holding facility.

4. luvly4luv profile image82
    luvly4luvposted 7 years ago

my friend,you should know that brain and anything related to brain are so delicate and needs urgent and careful approach. Based on statistics,lots of people have lost their senses because of lack of immediate treatment and attension cause by delayed actions either from the medical centres or from insurance companies. So most times,its better to help ourselves avoid anything that could lead to mental crisis. Thats why i publish a hub EXERCISES TO HELP SHARPEN YOUR BRAIN which would help you take care of your brain with some exercises. Go to my hubs on my profile to get more from this. IT IS A MUST READ FOR EVERYBODY!!!

5. profile image0
    Barbara Ballasposted 6 years ago

Take advantage of www.nami.org.

I work for a non profit that deals with suicide www.friendsforsurvival.org. There is lots of free help out there.

www.theeffort.org is another good resource.

There is a new AP on the Iphone too free Safe Talk.

Be well and reach out for help. It does get better.

working