jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What do blind people dream of?

1. Vincerenn profile image56
    Vincerennposted 7 years ago

What do blind people dream of?

Seriously I am interested.

2. profile image0
    JASON NICHOLSposted 7 years ago

Its a excellent question. It depends on what the blind people heard, felt, senced and touched that day. Do you know that their dream is completely different from our's. That is because they don't know what is colour and how it looks. Their dreams may look black or white. They may use the shape of the object and create a dezine which means nothing. And the biggest thing of all, They may think about you and how you look and how muck you have taken care of them.

3. Sterling Carter profile image74
    Sterling Carterposted 7 years ago

My oldest is blind, When she dreams it is just like her life.

She only has 4 of the 5 senses and her dreams include those 4 senses.

She dreams of people talking, sometimes they are voices she doesn't recognize. just like you would dream up a face you don't know.

She dreams of being lost, loved, as well as problems that have been bothering her.

It reality she dreams just like we sighted people do without the visualizations that we are blessed to know and have.

4. Vincerenn profile image56
    Vincerennposted 7 years ago

That is amazing, I can not even begin to imagine. It does make sense, its just that most people are so visual dependent and don't use their other senses to the fullest. So its hard to think of a dream consisting mostly of sounds, and smells.

working