jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

If you are a Grandma, were you invited in the delivery room to witness the birth

1. Vicki.Pierce profile image72
    Vicki.Pierceposted 7 years ago

If you are a Grandma, were you invited in the delivery room to witness the birth of your grandchild?

When my children were born I would have never thought to have my mom in the delivery room.  I was quite ecstatic to be invited to witness the birth of my first grandchild.  What an honor!

2. Mistress of Spice profile image39
    Mistress of Spiceposted 7 years ago

oh swcheet!  well done to mum and grandmum............little one, welcome to the world................lol...tc

3. profile image44
    momaimee3posted 7 years ago

My mom was in the delivery room with my last child and all 4 of my sisters children. It was alot of help for me to have her there when I was delivering my daughter. I would have had her in the delivery room with my other 2 children but they were c-section babies but she was in the recovery room waiting for me when I came out.

4. Sweetsusieg profile image84
    Sweetsusiegposted 7 years ago

I have been present at 3 of my grand childrens births and cherished  each and every moment!  We have 2 more on the way (will make 11 for me!!)  I hope to be present at those 2 as well!

The reason I wasn't at the others ( twins born in may C-section in Pennsylvania, and two other C-sections, Dads were there...  the last 2 came to me via other relationships but they are still mine!!)  LOL

5. Mrs. Robin Hood profile image60
    Mrs. Robin Hoodposted 6 years ago

I had my husband and my mother in the room with me when I delivered my daughter. It was a really meaningful experience. I gave birth in a very different way than she did (just different philosophies and a different approach) and she was really impressed but also it was a great bonding experience for all of us. She had never seen one of her grandchildren be born so this was a special moment for her.