jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Do you know the exact figure of people who smoke in the entire world?

1. binnys18303 profile image38
    binnys18303posted 7 years ago

Do you know the exact figure of people who smoke in the entire world?

2. questionpaper profile image81
    questionpaperposted 7 years ago

We do not know the exact figure but there are approximately 1.2 billion smokers in the world !

I hope I answered your question brother!

3. jdaviswrites profile image92
    jdaviswritesposted 7 years ago

how could any person possibly know the exact figure? people die of smoking and start smoking on a minute to minute basis all  across the world. sorry, but at best you will get an estimated figure, which, I don't know what it is.

4. profile image0
    Butch Newsposted 7 years ago

No one knows that.  I live in British Columbia that has one of the lowest number of smokers... about 1 in 10 people.  The average in North America will be about 3 in 10 and in developing worlds the number is higher quite often.

There are about 7 billion people in the world so if you take even 1 in 10 then the number is very high... but it may be as high as 2 in 10 so you can see that there are likely more than a billion people who smoke.

Cigarette companies are now targeting developing nations and children because their old customers are dying off too fast and young people in North America and Europe are not smoking as much as a generation ago.

5. GetFitRight profile image59
    GetFitRightposted 7 years ago

That is impossible. Some people don't always tell the truth on surveys or to doctors and like Jdaviswrites says people die and people start smoking or quit smoking all the time so there is no way possible to keep accurate.

6. hassann profile image71
    hassannposted 7 years ago

It's impossible to know but I'd say ten percent of world population are smokers.

7. mhd051 profile image54
    mhd051posted 7 years ago

i think..........most student smokes......i m in Canadian university wat i seen around me the most is cigarette butts......

8. Shahid Bukhari profile image61
    Shahid Bukhariposted 7 years ago

I do not know ... exactly how many people smoke in the world, at any given time  ... But I will share, what I saw, way back in 1986 ...

I remember, seeing a gentleman; in Hyde Park, London ... wearing a sign-board, around his neck ... Proclaiming, while smoking the known variety of smoke ables ... Pipe, Cigars, Cigarettes etc. simultaneously ... his sign board, Declaring ...

" ONLY HEALTHY PEOPLE SMOKE ! "

working