jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How do I get over my exwife who was my entire world?

1. Mangled-Mind profile image56
    Mangled-Mindposted 7 years ago

How do I get over my exwife who was my entire world?

My exwife and I were together for 10 years and have one 10 year old son together, she was the air I breathed. We have been divorced now for almost 2 years and I cannot help but want her back. All I want to do is forget about her but no matter where I go or what I do, something reminds me of her. I just want to let go of the past and move on with my life. Does anyone have any good advice?

2. Daniel J. Neumann profile image60
    Daniel J. Neumannposted 7 years ago

Try to meet someone new. Everything you miss about your ex, try to repeat with this new lover. Everything that lead to your divorce, try to avoid with this new lover. Don't rush into a relationship, but---as the old cliche goes---"time heals all wounds."

I'm just a lil' tyke, so take my words with a grain of salt, but I think you'll find the woman you love the most you have yet to meet------and that potential is a wonderful, powerful thing. Good luck.

3. svencill profile image60
    svencillposted 7 years ago

I know this feeling and it will stay with you for a long time. But really nothing makes it easier like meeting someone new. Need to go out and start dating. It's the only cure for this.

4. JDove-Miller profile image79
    JDove-Millerposted 7 years ago

I would think you are probably holding on to the IMAGE you projected onto your wife, not the reality of what your relationship was really like.  Look back objectively at what caused your divorce.  Tell yourself the truth about your behavior. Start  to work on your traits that interfered with the relationship, not to get her back but so that you can take a more postive person into the next relationship.  If you left her, tell yourself the truth about her behavior.  If it mattered then, it will matter if you get back together. Stop resisting your present life.  Look at what is wonderful about it and embrace it. Forgive her and let go.  Forgive yourself and move on.

working