jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Alternative Pain Relief?

1. Seeker7 profile image97
    Seeker7posted 7 years ago

Alternative Pain Relief?

Apart from the usual tablets such as brufen-ibuprofen/codeine/paracetamol. Do Hubbers have a recommendation for alternative pain relief for pulled/strained muscles? Particularly for back muscles in the rib area. It's for my old Dad who slipped on the ice recently.

2. profile image0
    Butch Newsposted 7 years ago

Time will cure it.  It's unfortunate that cold wasn't applied immediately... it's too late now.

But warm baths maybe with epsom salts, may help and it's important to exercise... touching toes and gentle stretches.  Be sure to be taking vitamins particularly D and C and also zinc and folic acid might assist too.

I can't tolerate ibuprofen and find acetaminophen to be the best relief.  I suffer from chronic pain and use time delay arthritis pills.

Ibuprofen is particularly hard on the liver... more so than acetaminophen.

3. Mrs asif profile image59
    Mrs asifposted 7 years ago

Apply Capsaicin cream  three times a day on affected area it comes with the brand name of of Axsain ,Zostrix ,Capzasin-P and many This natural and safe Other best is Voltral gel containing diclofenac for pain relief.This is all for topical applications .Best Pain relieving tablets for joints muscles and tissues are diclofenac containing comes with many brands and easily available at local supermarkets without prescription.

4. themagicman profile image58
    themagicmanposted 7 years ago

If the area is swollen, ice is an almost guaranteed successful aid in reducing pain and inflammation.

Although illegal in the majority of the U.S. studies show that marijuana has proven to be quite an effective remedy for numerous pains.

However, it often gets a bad rap because users use it to get a mental high, rather then hone in on the medicinal purposes that can actually benefit responsible users in pain.

5. MickS profile image75
    MickSposted 7 years ago

I use a Glucasamine gel from Holland and Barrett, always gives me relief from aches and strains.

6. mandyf profile image68
    mandyfposted 7 years ago

peppermint lotion applied to area, meditation, there are lots of teas out there to help also, try your local herbalist and all natural remedies store

7. profile image46
    SelfBeliverposted 7 years ago

StoPain is a spray that helps with pain. Can be found at any pharmacy. I also saw in Amazon. Is not cheap but goes long way. Sportive are using this stop pain too. Your father will appreciate it. I used all my life.

working