jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

What do you do when you have a bad day?

1. pancoor profile image56
    pancoorposted 7 years ago

What do you do when you have a bad day?

2. chrispreynolds1 profile image53
    chrispreynolds1posted 7 years ago

Pretend that I am in heaven and act like I would as if I were....what I find out.........is that I am.

3. Just Ask Susan profile image90
    Just Ask Susanposted 7 years ago

Escape into a good book or watch a comedy.

4. Writerly Yours profile image78
    Writerly Yoursposted 7 years ago

When I am having a bad day,I usuallly use exercise and journaling as ways to cope. 

I also try to just let it go and seek fun activities to distract me in a healthy and responsible way.

I also seek my family and friends if need be to remind me of what's really important in life.

5. Right On Time profile image62
    Right On Timeposted 7 years ago

Listen to music .                                                                                    .

6. 6hotfingers3 profile image60
    6hotfingers3posted 7 years ago

Once I get my senses back in order, I take a deep breath. I reassure myself that tomorrow is a new day and everything will be alright. 

Some times I take a long bath with my favorite fragrances. Or I may just stand in the shower for as long as I can stand it. Then I get my blanket and sit in my favorite chair and look at something funny or light hearted.  By then, the bad day is history.

7. justgotlucky profile image56
    justgotluckyposted 7 years ago

Sit down, relax, read a good book, listen to music or think of a happy thought. smile

8. Ashantina profile image61
    Ashantinaposted 7 years ago

Anything Richard Pryor or Eddie Murphy's Raw!

9. thougtforce profile image89
    thougtforceposted 7 years ago

I let myself have a bad day! Everyone have those days now and then, so I just take it easy and try to do as little as possible since nothing is going right anyway. There will be a better day tomorrow!

10. ExpandYourMind profile image73
    ExpandYourMindposted 7 years ago

Count my blessings and realize this too will pass.  Sometimes I phone a friend for reinforcement; sometimes I enjoy a good meal and movie.

11. stephen56 profile image60
    stephen56posted 7 years ago

well, if you have watched the movie "the secret" you will never have a bad day in your life. seems very unrealistic, isn't it? ya, even i thought so. but after watching that movie (also reading the book "the secret" by Rhonda Byrne) i learnt how to turn my bad day in to good day. its all in your thoughts that make a bad day. try changing your thoughts  and you will never have a bad day.