jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Why are my little & ring fingers on both hands always freezing cold when the res

1. keepitnatural profile image71
    keepitnaturalposted 7 years ago

Why are my little & ring fingers on both hands always freezing cold when the rest of me & my...

hands are warm?

2. Darknlovely3436 profile image83
    Darknlovely3436posted 7 years ago

not to scare you or anything, that is a sign that there is trouble in marriage, your honey moon is over, and trouble is in paradise.

3. teamrn profile image68
    teamrnposted 7 years ago

My thoughts, though for sure, not definitive and not intended to substitute for what a doc might say, is that your fingers aren't getting enough oxygen and often oxygen is what the cells need for warmth.

Did you recently have trauma to your fingers (like a broken bone or cut?)? Could a ring on your finger be a bit too tight, therefore cutting off or decreasing the circulation to your fingers?

Certain thyroid conditions or nerve disorders can be culprits, too.

A much more extreme cause of this might be 'Raynaud's phenomenon.'  I'd have something like this checked out by your doctor or other health practitioner. Hope you warm up!

4. CDL Career Coach profile image74
    CDL Career Coachposted 7 years ago

Generally cold fingers, feet, hands, etc. would indicate poor circulation.  My outside fingers get very cold when I'm typing, but not at other times.  Posture or position may be a problem.  Try moving aorund some and shake or rub your hands to get the circulation going again.

5. profile image0
    Butch Newsposted 7 years ago

I don't know.  I do know that twitching or bending of the ring finger is a common genetic trait of Danes  or people descended from Vikings.

6. Jarn profile image71
    Jarnposted 7 years ago

There are two nerves which divide the hand, right down the line between the middle and ring finger. The nerve controlling your pinky and ring finger may be having some neuropathy problems due to poor circulation.

working