jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Natural methods of fighting common cold, especially nasty cough

1. jon smith profile image55
    jon smithposted 7 years ago

Natural methods of fighting common cold, especially nasty cough

2. divoire profile image60
    divoireposted 7 years ago

Drink loads of fluids. Warm water with a ting of lemon is great to clear the clogged feeling. For a nasty cough drink hot lemon and honey tea (tea without milk). I find this soothing to the throat.

Hope that helps!

3. WoW Guide Master profile image88
    WoW Guide Masterposted 7 years ago

As with most things, healthy eating and sleep will do wonders

4. profile image0
    Butch Newsposted 7 years ago

Chicken soup is always helpful to the sick.

Moisture helps a cough so running a kettle can help to ad moisture to the air.  Eucalyptus soothes a sore throat.

5. Virtual Treasures profile image68
    Virtual Treasuresposted 7 years ago

I tried Silver Biotics and it worked wonders! I have never really put much into trying natural remedies, but I swear by it now.  Please read my hub:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Silver-Biotics- … eally-Work

6. sanathara profile image60
    sanatharaposted 6 years ago

For common cold and cough,Turmeric is the best medicine.If you can not take turmeric powder directly,you can mix it with honey or jaggery.Take the powder twice in a day.It acts like an antibiotic.It should be taken first in the morning on an empty stomach, and second time before going to bed.If you have the habit of taking allopathy medicine, then keep patience,it will take few days more.Otherwise your cold will get rid of cold within two-three days.For nasty cough, along with turmeric powder, take three peppercorn seeds and keep them in your mouth.Don't chew or swallow.But this is also very effective.so,if you trust nature cure treatments,do try this and see the result.

working