jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Found termites in our backyard! What are some natural methods of DESTROYING the

1. Nicole Winter profile image60
    Nicole Winterposted 4 years ago

Found termites in our backyard!  What are some natural methods of DESTROYING them?

We turned the hose on the two areas we found them nesting in and (hopefully) drowned the shiznitz outta 'em.  Was that OK?  Anyone know of some natural ways to rid ourselves of them?  We really don't have money to hire an exterminator right now... what do you guys suggest?

2. my_girl_sara profile image84
    my_girl_saraposted 4 years ago

I say burn them because it would make you feel really good! If you don't want a fire, see what they have at the hardware store. Finally, be thankful those pests are outside and not inside you home.

3. Abby Campbell profile image94
    Abby Campbellposted 4 years ago

As long as they are in the yard and not close to any wooden foundations, I wouldn't be concerned so much. I live on 8 acres of wood, and I find termites occasionally in the dirt where I may be planting flowers. They aren't close to the house, so I'm not usually worried about them. The only problem may be if they are killing a bush. My home's foundation is concrete, and then I have brick above ground, so I'm not too concerned. Usually, you'll see a termite tunnel if it's going into the house.

4. profile image51
    penningtonnielsenposted 3 years ago

Other than using a hard stick or anything that can destroy the mud tunnels and colonies they built, you may use these home remedies for termites:
    4 tablespoons of grape jelly
    3 tablespoons of canned cat food
    1 tablespoon of boric acid

- http://www.bugandtermitecontrol.com/ter … ments.html

working