jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

DO YOU DRINK 8 GLASSES OF WATER A DAY? Is it the right amount of water for you?

1. suncat profile image57
    suncatposted 7 years ago

Is it the right amount of water for you?

Do you think everyone regardless of their weight or size should have the same amount of water a day?
    Did you notice if the particular amount of water that you might have in a day makes you feel your best?
    No living thing exists without water, dehydration causes fatigue and other problems but can too much water also cause this to occur?

2. cloudy_cool profile image74
    cloudy_coolposted 7 years ago

I try my best, I really do...but I find that I'm always short of 1-2 glasses when I'm very busy doing everything else but look after myself.
    However, on days when I have less work, I lap up glasses of water, lemon & lime juice...
    Yes, I agree that the standard recommended 8-10 glasses is not 100% possible for everybody...but one should certainly give it a try! Some may need more, some less, but end of the day fluids help to flush out harmful toxins, so its a good idea to try!
    I've found that drinking lots of water helps me be in a good mood, makes me pee a lot =P...and most importantly refresh me, making my skin clearer!
    Another plus side is that I'm eating comparatively less junk foods during my late nights on the Mac, when I sit with a bottle of lime & lemon juice.

3. AngelTrader profile image61
    AngelTraderposted 6 years ago

The right amount is that which makes you feel well and comfortable depending on the environmental conditions.

But I would seriously avoid fluoridated water out of a tap!

4. myi4u profile image60
    myi4uposted 6 years ago

I always try to drink as much as I can but I don't follow the 8 glass rule. There are numerous news about people being poisoned by drinking too much water. I truly believe that drinking too much water is bad. Whenever I try to drink even though I don't feel like drinking, I will feel bloated.

Well, I always follow my own rule by looking at my urine. When it gets yellowish, I will then try to drink more water. I apologise if this statement causes uneasiness to hubbers reading here.

5. profile image50
    michelegoldsteinposted 6 years ago

I do not, I get close a lot but can't afford all the time I will need in the bathroom.
    I heard, I think from Dr. Oz, is that you should drink half your weight in ounces of water a day. (60oz for a 120 pound person) So, higher body weights need more water per day. I know that dehydretion is a huge problem with the elderly but I know nothing of the effects of too much water.
    I agree with AngelTrader but on a grander scale-only drink filtered water, from tap or bottle, and limit the botles for the environment and to minimize your exposure the the leaching carcinogenic plastics in the bottles.