jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

How much water should you drink a day?

1. Seckin Esen profile image89
    Seckin Esenposted 3 years ago

How much water should you drink a day?

2. Annemari profile image60
    Annemariposted 3 years ago

At east 5 liters a day, cuz its needed for many processes in the human body.

3. brakel2 profile image80
    brakel2posted 3 years ago

I believe in 64 oz or twice your weight. You are supposed to count juices in and some say fruits as they are largely water. Water makes skin healthy,  in addition to other benefits. Try to avoid or limit soda pop.

4. lisavanvorst profile image77
    lisavanvorstposted 3 years ago

Most doctors say at least 8, 8 ounce glasses a day. I drink a lot of water. Your body needs it and it is healthier than drinking sugary soda's, juices or those energy drinks which are said to be dangerous.

5. Hackslap profile image86
    Hackslapposted 3 years ago

6 to 8 glasses is good measure .. including one immediately after getting out of bed in the morning on an empty stomach (preferably warm water)

6. Alphadogg16 profile image91
    Alphadogg16posted 3 years ago

8 glasses of water should be the bare minimum, depending on how active your lifestyle is, whether you work out or play sports etc, then you should be drinking a lot more than 8 glasses. The body is comprised of 70% water and is used for numerous bodily processes, including digestion.

7. profile image0
    Casimiroposted 3 years ago

If you like to pee a lot, then 8 glasses a day is fine. smile  Actually, no one knows where the mythical "8 glasses a day"  came from, but I seriously doubt any well-educated doctor will tell you that. Your body has an exquisite system of organs and hormonal controls to regulate the amount of water in your body. It is also able to extract a great deal of water from the food you ingest every day. If your body needs water, your thirst will increase automatically. Just pay attention to what your body is telling you instead of counting an artificial number of glasses of water.