jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (14 posts)

Have you used or thought about using Brita or a similar filter for your top wate

1. suncat profile image59
    suncatposted 7 years ago

Have you used or thought about using Brita or a similar filter for your top water? Did you like...

the taste or do you think it does a good job filtering the water? The kind where you fill the container with top water and wait for it to pass through the filter.
    I've used it for a while and then I stopped because I noticed some particles in the water after it had been filtered.

2. Blair Rockefeller profile image61
    Blair Rockefellerposted 7 years ago

Yes I use one now. I enjoy the water and it helps me drink less bottled water.

3. Nan Mynatt profile image62
    Nan Mynattposted 7 years ago

I prefer to purchase bottled water.  It is easy to carry in the car or office or other places.  When you start using filters you should have the directions that came with the purchase.

4. Rastamermaid profile image72
    Rastamermaidposted 7 years ago

I attached one to the kitchen faucet in attempt to cut down on bottled water.

The water taste better and it has fluoride in it which most bottled water doesn't.

5. robschwenck profile image56
    robschwenckposted 7 years ago

They actually make bottles that filter water. Fill it from the tap and go. But I've used Brita; I've used Pur; I currently have a tap mounted PureH2O counter-top unit and swear by it.

6. gypsumgirl profile image87
    gypsumgirlposted 7 years ago

I use one daily.  I prefer Brita filtered water to bottled water.  Trying not to buy too much bottled water for obvious reasons.

7. Online Money 101 profile image57
    Online Money 101posted 7 years ago

My wife used to buy bottled water exclusively. Now we use Brita as well.

8. lanetodd profile image71
    lanetoddposted 7 years ago

Yes I have used a Brita, it works great. Here is some other ideas.
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Water-Filter-System-Options

9. saintodd profile image80
    saintoddposted 7 years ago

Yes I've used it in the past. It is pretty efficient and the water does have a cleaner taste and clearer look. It isn't the best filter out there but it is convenient and economical. It's worth having and using.

10. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

i'd use a brita over bottled water. it drives me nuts when i see people walking around with bottled water and it makes no sense what so ever.where i live the water is concidered to be quite safe so i don't worry about filters. if you are worried about the water in your area , use a filter but please use your head and leave bottled water alone, it's an enviromental disaster.

11. webtwilight profile image37
    webtwilightposted 7 years ago

I use my brita water machine every day.  It's a good idea to use one if you have alot of dirt in your well.

12. Sultanah profile image53
    Sultanahposted 7 years ago

I've used myself and the water doesn't have any weird taste. The only silly thing is when the water runs unclear , that is when the battery is about to finish or the inside 'black coal' filter is filled.It usually lasts for about 3/4 months before you change the actual filter inside. It saves on bottled-water consumption.

13. profile image45
    neelukaur1posted 7 years ago

Yes I have one in my kitchen its great. it saves a lot hassle from buying bottles.

14. Neverletitgo profile image77
    Neverletitgoposted 7 years ago

I have been using Brita since 2007 and I like it the water tastes good whenever I use that staff. That black particles is what you need to get rid of it.

working