jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do u think that during pregnancy that we should eat every that is nutritional ju

1. profile image47
    caribgal20posted 7 years ago

Do u think that during pregnancy that we should eat every that is nutritional just because it is?

2. Rusty C. Adore profile image95
    Rusty C. Adoreposted 7 years ago

It couldn't hurt to make sure you're eating nutritional foods just for their nutritional value. As long as you're not allergic to what you're consuming why not give your unborn child those nutritional benefits?

3. wychic profile image90
    wychicposted 7 years ago

While it is important to have a well-rounded diet while pregnant, you shouldn't feel obligated to eat things solely because they're nutritious. If you're not hungry for it, then your body doesn't really want it, and a good prenatal vitamin should help cover for anything you don't get through your normal diet.

With my last pregnancy, I found that it was easiest to just go with my cravings, but try to find a healthy option for them. While I normally love salads and fresh fruit, I just wasn't hungry for them throughout the pregnancy. I suddenly craved meat, cheese, sweet stuff, peanut butter, and other high-calorie and/or high-protein food. For the meat, I just tried to edge more toward poultry and bison and away from higher-fat beef, pork, and processed meats. Blanched vegetables that had some of the meat flavor on them helped get those veggies in that I no longer craved. I tried to focus on honey, breakfast cereal, and juices for the sweet stuff so that I would be getting something beneficial in there too, and still ended up with a lot less sugar than allowing myself to gravitate toward candy or soda pop.

Overall, I ended up being much healthier with this pregnancy than I was with my son (where I did attempt to force-feed myself with the strictly nutritious), and felt a lot better. Whenever I ignored cravings before I tended to feel sick or lacked energy. Now that baby is born, despite breastfeeding, my tastes have immediately gravitated back to fresh fruits and veggies and away from the higher-calorie stuff -- again, the body knows what it needs smile.

4. Mumby profile image61
    Mumbyposted 6 years ago

here's some foods (healthy or not) that you should avoid during pregnancy:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Favorite-Foods- … n-Pregnant