How do you determine correct dosage for supplements? Or where can I find suggest

1. profile image46
    snoopy79posted 7 years ago

How do you determine correct dosage for supplements? Or where can I find suggestions?

I have a profoundly autistic 8yr old who is non verbal. He hates doctors and I have not found one that will put enough stock in supplements to recommend dosages as I would be using them for off label non fda approved use. It is ridiculous.

2. melpor profile image91
    melporposted 7 years ago

There is really no correct dosage for herbal supplements or supplements not approved by the FDA. The dosage level for FDA approved supplements are determined during clinical trial testing. This is the reason you have to be careful when you are buying and taking supplements in general. It is important to make sure they are FDA approved, if not the proper dosage level was never determined in these non-FDA approved supplements.  Dosage level of some multiple vitamin supplements and a few elemental supplements such as Calcium, Selenium, etc. are  also determined by the FDA before they are manufactured by the pharmaceutical companies. Remember, too much of anything is not always a good thing.

working